- 1-1/2 pounds fresh or frozen brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Trim the brussels sprouts and cut an X in the core of each. Place 1/2 inch water in a large saucepan; add the sprouts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Place in an ungreased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons butter. Combine bread crumbs, cheese and remaining butter; sprinkle over brussels sprouts.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Brussels Sprouts
"This is a big hit in our home. Even my young children will eat brussel sprouts this way. The adults in my family enjoy a dash of cayenne pepper mixed in with the topping for added punch. During the summer we will make a small amount in a 3-cup square glass dish and bake in the toaster oven."
"Easy to prepare, but looks showy...and the taste is wonderful! A big hit at our house. Thank you so much for sharing."
"I made this recipe on Christmas Day to go with our turkey dinner. I used fresh brussels sprouts and cut them in half since they were so large. We all agreed that these were the best brussels sprouts we'd ever had."
"My husband and one of my daughters love brussel sprouts, so I am always looking for new recipes with them. This one is a keeper, and it is so easy."
"Absolutely delicious and easy."