- 1-1/2 pounds fresh or frozen brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Trim the brussels sprouts and cut an X in the core of each. Place 1/2 inch water in a large saucepan; add the sprouts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Place in an ungreased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons butter. Combine bread crumbs, cheese and remaining butter; sprinkle over brussels sprouts.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Brussels Sprouts
"LOVED IT! Next time I'd like to try roasting longer and skip the boiling."
"I made these last night and they were fantastic. I have always loved brussels sprouts but this is the first time I've made them (weird?!). I will definitely be making these again. The crumb topping complemented these perfectly."
"This is a big hit in our home. Even my young children will eat brussel sprouts this way. The adults in my family enjoy a dash of cayenne pepper mixed in with the topping for added punch. During the summer we will make a small amount in a 3-cup square glass dish and bake in the toaster oven."
"easy to prepare, but looks showy...and the taste is wonderful! A big hit at our house. Thank you so much for sharing."
"My husband and one of my daughters love brussel sprouts, so I am always looking for new recipes with them. This one is a keeper, and it is so easy."
"Absolutely delicious and easy."