Crumb-Topped Broccoli Medley
Toasted almonds, Parmesan cheese and a full-flavored seasoning blend lend plenty of pizzazz to the crumb topping on these steamed veggies. They're crisp-tender and colorful, too.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 2 small carrots, julienned (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free tomato basil garlic seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place vegetables in a steamer basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of
- water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until
- In as small skillet, toast bread crumbs in butter. Add remaining
- ingredients; toss. Place vegetables in a bowl; sprinkle with crumb
- topping. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Mrs. Dash salt-free tomato basil garlic seasoning blend.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 124 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.