Crumb-Topped Broccoli Medley Recipe
Toasted almonds, Parmesan cheese and a full-flavored seasoning blend lend plenty of pizzazz to the crumb topping on these steamed veggies. They're crisp-tender and colorful, too.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 2 small carrots, julienned (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free tomato basil garlic seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place vegetables in a steamer basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In as small skillet, toast bread crumbs in butter. Add remaining ingredients; toss. Place vegetables in a bowl; sprinkle with crumb topping. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 124 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Broccoli Medley
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC