Crumb-Topped Broccoli Medley Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 2 small carrots, julienned (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free tomato basil garlic seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place vegetables in a steamer basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In as small skillet, toast bread crumbs in butter. Add remaining ingredients; toss. Place vegetables in a bowl; sprinkle with crumb topping. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 124 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.