Crumb-Topped Broccoli Bake Recipe
Broccoli is one of the main crops grown in this area. This recipe has pleased just about everyone who has tried it, including some who said they didn't like broccoli.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli cuts
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers), divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese sauce until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and place in a bowl. Add the cheese sauce mixture, eggs, 1/4 cup cracker crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cracker crumbs. Place dish in a larger baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Broccoli Bake in Country October/November 2000, p51
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Broccoli Bake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2009
I made this for my family several weeks ago and my family absolutely loved it. I will be keeping this recipe.