Crumb-Topped Broccoli Bake Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli cuts
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers), divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese sauce until smooth. Remove from heat.
- 2. Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and place in a bowl. Add the cheese sauce mixture, eggs, 1/4 cup cracker crumbs, salt and pepper.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cracker crumbs. Place dish in a larger baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 252 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 772mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Broccoli Bake
"The consistency of the casserole was a little thick, but the flavor was good."
"I made this for my family several weeks ago and my family absolutely loved it. I will be keeping this recipe."