Crumb-Topped Broccoli Bake Recipe
Broccoli is one of the main crops grown in this area. This recipe has pleased just about everyone who has tried it, including some who said they didn't like broccoli.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli cuts
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers), divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese sauce until smooth. Remove from heat.
- 2. Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and place in a bowl. Add the cheese sauce mixture, eggs, 1/4 cup cracker crumbs, salt and pepper.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cracker crumbs. Place dish in a larger baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 252 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 772 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Broccoli Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC