Broccoli is one of the main crops grown in this area. This recipe has pleased just about everyone who has tried it, including some who said they didn't like broccoli.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli cuts
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers), divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese sauce until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and place in a bowl. Add the cheese sauce mixture, eggs, 1/4 cup cracker crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cracker crumbs. Place dish in a larger baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Broccoli Bake in Country October/November 2000, p51
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Broccoli Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2014
"The consistency of the casserole was a little thick, but the flavor was good."
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2009
"I made this for my family several weeks ago and my family absolutely loved it. I will be keeping this recipe."