For years I've searched for the perfect blueberry muffins without success. Then I came up with this winning recipe.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the eggs, milk, orange peel and extracts; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries (batter will be stiff).
- Fill paper-lined or greased muffin cups two-thirds full. In a another large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoonful over each muffin. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Blueberry Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p168
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Blueberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review