- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the eggs, milk, orange peel and extracts; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries (batter will be stiff).
- Fill paper-lined or greased muffin cups two-thirds full. In a another large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoonful over each muffin. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Blueberry Muffins(7)
Sort By :
adoppermann. ok we get it you dont like it. get over it already. i have been using this recipe for years and have had alot of success with it. I dont use as much extract as called for and I dont ad the orange peel. as I allways have I adjust recipes to my taste. thats called cooking!