Crumb-Topped Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
This sweet crumb-topped cake gets it's moistness from blueberries and cream cheese. "I like to make it ahead and freeze it for times when I have company for breakfast."—Melanie Koehn, Colcord, Oklahoma
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1. For batter, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- 2. Toss blueberries with remaining flour. Stir blueberries and cream cheese into creamed mixture (batter will be thick). Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 3. For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 277 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC