Crumb-Topped Baked Tomatoes
—Reba Chappell, Dunbar, West Virginia
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or dash dried basil
- Cut the tomato in half widthwise. Place cut side up in a shallow
- baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the cracker
- crumbs, butter and basil; sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until crumbs are
- golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.