Crumb-Topped Baked Pineapple
Sweet fruit and a crunchy topping give this comforting side dish plenty of old-fashioned goodness. It's the perfect tummy warmer for any cold-weather occasion.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and pineapple. Stir in
- cheese and cherries.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and
- butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35
- minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 239 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.