Crumb-Topped Baked Fish Recipe
- 4 haddock or cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place fillets on a greased baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pat onto fillets. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Baked Fish(14)
Sort By :
This is one of my favorite ways to prepare a mild white fish to give it more flavor. It's especially good for frozen filets you may have on hand. I would give it five stars except that I have made changes of my own from the recipe as written. The biggest change I made was to use crushed butter cracker crumbs, such as Club crackers, instead of the bread crumbs, plus I use only a sprinkling of cheese (after first trying it as written, because I felt the cheese was overpowering the fish). I use Tilapia, and the butter cracker crumbs give it an excellent flavor and a nice crunch. I have found, as others mentioned, that 1-1/4 cups of crumbs is much more than needed; I use only enough for a thin layer to top the filets. Otherwise, I follow the recipe as written, and my husband and I both love it. I am planning on trying this recipe on other types of mild flavored fish, and also trying it with Parmesan cheese.
Excellent! I used low fat cheddar, panko bread crumbs, and I can't believe it's not butter. I also used cod.
I did not enjoy this at all. There were WAY too many crumbs, could have been cut in 1/2 easily. Did not like the cheese, agree with previous reviewer that parmesan would be better. Very bland.
Good fish recipie.
My 9-year-old grandson, who is a picky eater, ate four pieces of this fish, and asked me to be sure to make it again!