Crumb-Topped Baked Fish Recipe
- 4 haddock or cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place fillets on a greased baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pat onto fillets. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 413 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 777 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.