—Nancy Brown, Janesville, Wisconsin
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Place the asparagus in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add lemon juice and
- pepper. Stir in bread crumbs; cook and stir until crumbs are lightly
- browned. Drain asparagus; arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle
- with crumb mixture and egg. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.