We had plenty of fresh vegetables on the farm, so I also made this family favorite with broccoli or green beans instead of asparagus.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, cream, mayonnaise, steak sauce, cloves and nutmeg. Spread over asparagus; sprinkle with cheese.
- In another small bowl, toss stuffing with butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Asparagus Casserole in Country April/May 2007, p49
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Asparagus Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review