—Nancy Brown, Janesville, Wisconsin
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Place the asparagus in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add lemon juice and pepper. Stir in bread crumbs; cook and stir until crumbs are lightly browned. Drain asparagus; arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle with crumb mixture and egg. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Asparagus in Reminisce March/April 2006, p 48
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review