Crumb-Topped Apple Raspberry Tarts Recipe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 3/4 cup halved thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cold butter
- 1. In a bowl, combine the raspberries and apple. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apple mixture; gently toss to coat evenly. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Divide pie pastry in half and roll each half into a 7-in. circle. Transfer pastry to two ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removal bottoms. Trim pastry even with edge. Spoon raspberry mixture into pastry shells. Drizzle with melted butter.
- 3. For topping, in a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over raspberry mixture. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 728 calories, 34g fat (16g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 102g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Apple Raspberry Tarts
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.