Crumb-Topped Apple Raspberry Tarts Recipe
When I was a girl, my dad raised and sold red and black raspberries for extra money. When berries were at their peak, the whole family was out there picking. This pie was our favorite.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 3/4 cup halved thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cold butter
- In a bowl, combine the raspberries and apple. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apple mixture; gently toss to coat evenly. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Divide pie pastry in half and roll each half into a 7-in. circle. Transfer pastry to two ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removal bottoms. Trim pastry even with edge. Spoon raspberry mixture into pastry shells. Drizzle with melted butter.
- For topping, in a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over raspberry mixture. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crumb-Topped Apple Raspberry Tarts in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p281
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Apple Raspberry Tarts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Crumb Pie >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Tart >
- Apple Tart Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Crumb Topping Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >