Crumb-Topped Apple & Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- PUMPKIN FILLING:
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer pastry to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon. Spoon into crust.
- In another large bowl, whisk the pumpkin filling ingredients. Pour over apple mixture. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted into pumpkin layer comes out clean (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary).
- Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Crumb-Topped Apple & Pumpkin Pie(11)
Sort By :
I have made this recipe many times. I cheat and buy the pillsbury deep dish pie crust. We love it at home! When I tell people about it they are so judgmental and say that sounds gross and wrong! I just say they are wrong! I will be making it again soon!!
i tried this recipe last thanksgiving because i had made a pie the year before that was simply just canned apple pie filling on the bottom and pumpkin on the top. i loved how it took my two favorite pies and put them together, so this seem like a way to upgrade from simple...long story short it didn't turn out as planed. i learned that i hate the way that roll out crust taste and for some reason the pumpkin didn't t get very solid like it should have. but i will try it again,altering it slightly.the flavors together alone are worth the effort it will take for me to get it right.
Please try this recipe! I love both types of these pies but was leary to put them together... this pie was wonderful! It was better the second day after the flavors melded, so make a day in advance.
I used 4 eggs instead of the egg substitute!
I wonder how this recipe would work with Splenda.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Crumb Pie >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Crumb Topping Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >