Crumb-Topped Apple & Pumpkin Pie Recipe
“This special recipe combines all the warm, delicious flavors of the season and makes a truly unique presentation. It gets rave reviews each year and has become a holiday tradition at our house.” Trisha Fox - Plainfield, Illinois
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- PUMPKIN FILLING:
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer pastry to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon. Spoon into crust.
- 2. In another large bowl, whisk the pumpkin filling ingredients. Pour over apple mixture. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- 3. For topping, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over pie.
- 4. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted into pumpkin layer comes out clean (cover edge with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary).
- 5. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
1 piece equals 342 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC