Crumb-Crusted Pork Roast with Root Vegetables Recipe
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large celery root, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix honey, molasses and mustard; brush over roast.
- In a large bowl, mix sage, thyme and rosemary. In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese and 2 teaspoons of the herb mixture; press onto roast.
- Add vegetables, oil, salt and pepper to remaining herb mixture; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables around roast.
- Roast 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from pan; let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Crumb-Crusted Pork Roast with Root Vegetables(5)
Sort By :
I'm a big fan of root vegetables and this recipe turned out fantastic. I even added some beets as well. Company had very positive things to say.
I switched out the veggies to ones we liked, but this roast was awesome! We loved the sweet flavor and the bread crumbs.
I personally loved having different veggies to serve, especially seasonal ones. The pork turned out fine, even though I didn't use molasses. Good recipe.
I agree that the vegetables weren't something I would make again, but the pork was amazing and tender. We'll definitely be making the roast again--just pairing it with veggies and starches that we like better than these.
The meat was dry, the veggies were gross. This may be personal preference, but I didn't like it and won't be making it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >