Crumb Coating for Fish
Rosalie Mellott says she enjoys quick-and-easy recipes. "Being a farm wife, I don't have much time to prepare meals," she writes from Oakland, Maryland. "That's why I keep this mix for coating fish on hand."
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 5 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each batch):
- 1 pound sole fillets
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients.
- Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 6 batches (2
- cups total).
- To prepare fish: Place 1/3 cup coating in a large resealable plastic
- bad; add fillets, a few piece at a time. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 400° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 136 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.