Rosalie Mellott says she enjoys quick-and-easy recipes. "Being a farm wife, I don't have much time to prepare meals," she writes from Oakland, Maryland. "That's why I keep this mix for coating fish on hand."
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 5 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each batch):
- 1 pound sole fillets
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 6 batches (2 cups total).
- To prepare fish: Place 1/3 cup coating in a large resealable plastic bad; add fillets, a few piece at a time. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crumb Coating for Fish in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p22
Reviews for Crumb Coating for Fish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review