This recipe brings back many memories of my grandmother. It was her favorite dish for family get-togethers. It's easy to make, takes little time to prepare and is especially tasty with garden-fresh tomatoes.
-Connie Simon, Cleveland, Ohio
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup crushed Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers (about 13)
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, salt and pepper. Dip
- tomato slices into egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook tomatoes in butter over medium heat for 2-3
- minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 slices equals 272 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 930 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.