Crumb-Coated Tomatoes Recipe
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 13)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, salt and pepper. Dip tomato slices into egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook tomatoes in butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Crumb-Coated Tomatoes
Sort By :
You can use either Green or Ripe.
This is quite close to a recipe my mom makes that is absolutely delicious. Use sliced green tomatoes and dip in panko crumbs before frying. The panko gives them a really light crispy coating
lookes like ripe tomatoes to me
green or ripe?
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >
- Tomato Recipes >