Crumb-Coated Potato Halves
Dressing up potatoes is a snap with this easy method. What I like best about the recipe is that I can pop the baking dish of coated potatoes into the oven at the same time as my meat loaf. It's a great side dish with roasts, poultry and pork chops as well.
-Shirley Leister, West Chester, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, paprika, salt and
- pepper. Brush potatoes with butter; roll in crumb mixture until
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 1 hour or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/3 each) equals 154 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.