Fish fillets get fast flavor from Italian salad dressing mix and a breading made with seasoned stuffing mix. "I serve this baked fish with a tossed salad or relishes," remarks Julia Bruce of Tuscola, Illinois.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cups crushed stuffing mix
- 4 cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the oil, water and salad dressing mix.
- Place the stuffing mix in another bowl. Dip fillets in salad
- dressing mixture, then in stuffing.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes
- or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 211 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 1,173 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.