Crumb-Coated Cod Fillets Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, pepper and salt. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs and water. In a third shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, dressing mix and seasoning. Coat fillets with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. Place fillets on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 181 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Crumb-Coated Cod Fillets
"The recipe was simple and easy to follow but for some reason my breading came off when turning the fish. Otherwise it was good."
"Very, very tasty and flavorful. Fearing not thick enough, I double-coated one fillet but it was just too much breading; original recipe is correct amount. Flavorful and easy to make."
"I made this for supper tonight just as written except I drizzled each filet with a scant teaspoon of olive oil after all the breading was on . They were delicious, restaurant quality and I will be making them again."
"We all ate it but I thought it was dry."
"This is a very easy and tasty recipe and I have used it on other types of fish too."
"My Husband cooked this last night for dinner and it was fantastic. This would be a great dish to serve to company. Very elegant and tasty."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.