Crumb-Coated Cod Fillets
Pantry ingredients and fresh or frozen fish make this tasty entree a snap. —Candy Summerhill, Alexander, Arkansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, pepper and salt. In another
- shallow bowl, whisk eggs and water. In a third shallow bowl, combine
- the bread crumbs, cheese, dressing mix and seasoning. Coat fillets
- with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumb
- Place fillets on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-20
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 181 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 626 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,