Crumb-Coated Cod Fillets Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, pepper and salt. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs and water. In a third shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, dressing mix and seasoning. Coat fillets with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. Place fillets on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 181 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 626 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Crumb-Coated Cod Fillets
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.