Fish fillets get fast flavor from Italian salad dressing mix and a breading made with seasoned stuffing mix. "I serve this baked fish with a tossed salad or relishes," remarks Julia Bruce of Tuscola, Illinois.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cups crushed stuffing mix
- 4 cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the oil, water and salad dressing mix. Place the stuffing mix in another bowl. Dip fillets in salad dressing mixture, then in stuffing.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crumb-Coated Cod in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p8
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crumb-Coated Cod
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2010
"I cut this recipe in half and it was very tasty."