Crumb-Coated Chicken & Blackberry Salsa Recipe
Maple lends a sweet touch to blackberry salsa. The easy recipe is also great paired with fish. —Tammy Thomas, Morrisville, Vermont
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the flour, egg and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour, dip in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup salsa equals 411 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 175 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC