Crumb-Coated Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and hot pepper sauce. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cornmeal and seasonings. Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, then roll in crumb mixture. Place bone side down in prepared pan.
- 3. Spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven; spritz again with cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 197 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 4 lean meat
Reviews for Crumb-Coated Baked Chicken
"This was very good! Family liked it to.CA"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.