- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (6 ounces each), skin removed
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and hot pepper sauce. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cornmeal and seasonings. Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, then roll in crumb mixture. Place bone side down in prepared pan.
- Spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven; spritz again with cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crumb-Coated Baked Chicken in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p30
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Crumb-Coated Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2008
"This was very good! Family liked it to.CA"