Cruisin' Crostini Recipe
"Another first place finish is my Cruisin’ Crostini. These tasty rounds are like bruschetta, but much easier. People always seem to savor the pretty red tomatoes and melted cheese," shares Amber Kimmich from Powhatan, Virginia.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 24 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1. Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheets. Combine oil and garlic powder; brush over bread. Cut each slice of cheese into four pieces. Top each slice of bread with tomatoes and a piece of cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 83 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC