"Another first place finish is my Cruisin’ Crostini. These tasty rounds are like bruschetta, but much easier. People always seem to savor the pretty red tomatoes and melted cheese," shares Amber Kimmich from Powhatan, Virginia.
- 24 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheets. Combine oil and garlic powder; brush over bread. Cut each slice of cheese into four pieces. Top each slice of bread with tomatoes and a piece of cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cruisin' Crostini in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p49
Reviews for Cruisin' Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review