Crowned Beef Bake Recipe
"Because this comforting casserole looks so special, I enjoy serving it to company and bringing it to church suppers," notes Linda Parker of Covington, Georgia. "It's simple to put together but looks like I spent a lot of time preparing it."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, crumbled, divided
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream, divided
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place half in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Layer with mushrooms, two-thirds of the onions and all of the vegetables. Top with remaining beef.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine soup and 1/2 cup sour cream; cook over low heat until heated through. Pour over beef. Cut each biscuit in half; arrange cut side down around edge of dish. Sprinkle remaining onions in center of casserole.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the egg, celery seed, salt and remaining sour cream; drizzle over biscuits. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 459 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 1,153 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Crowned Beef Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC