Crowned Beef Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, crumbled, divided
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream, divided
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place half in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Layer with mushrooms, two-thirds of the onions and all of the vegetables. Top with remaining beef.
- In a large saucepan, combine soup and 1/2 cup sour cream; cook over low heat until heated through. Pour over beef. Cut each biscuit in half; arrange cut side down around edge of dish. Sprinkle remaining onions in center of casserole.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, celery seed, salt and remaining sour cream; drizzle over biscuits. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Crowned Beef Bake(3)
Sort By :
This casserole comes out looking beautiful. It tastes pretty good. My kids and husband liked it, but weren't blown away. I would make it again.
Im not a big fan of frozen vegetables but it worked well in this recipe. Making it Super fast to prepare. I love the flavors from the cream of celery soup and french fried onions. MMMMMMMmmmm it was fabulous. Thank you for the great idea. I will use this when I don't have much time to cook something.
My family loved this recipe. Next time I will add more ground beef, however, there were no complaints as is. It looked and tasted great!