Crown Roast with Plum-Apple Stuffing Recipe
All eyes with be on this impressive roast when you place it on your holiday table. The fruit combination of golden raisin, dried plums and apples nicely complement the pork.Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
- 1 pork crown roast (14 ribs and about 9 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dried plums
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2-1/2 cups cubed whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place roast, rib ends up, in a large shallow roasting pan. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; rub over roast. Cover rib ends with foil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place plums in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain. Stir in the bread cubes, apple, raisins, apple juice, butter, brown sugar, lemon peel, paprika and cinnamon.
- Carefully spoon stuffing into center of roast. Bake 45 to 74 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Transfer to a warm serving platter. Remove foil. Let roast stand for 10-15 minutes. Cut between ribs to serve. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Crown Roast with Plum-Apple Stuffing in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Crown Roast with Plum-Apple Stuffing(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >