- 1 pork crown roast (14 ribs and about 9 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dried plums
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2-1/2 cups cubed whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place roast, rib ends up, in a large shallow roasting pan. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; rub over roast. Cover rib ends with foil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place plums in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain. Stir in the bread cubes, apple, raisins, apple juice, butter, brown sugar, lemon peel, paprika and cinnamon.
- Carefully spoon stuffing into center of roast. Bake 45 to 74 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Transfer to a warm serving platter. Remove foil. Let roast stand for 10-15 minutes. Cut between ribs to serve. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Crown Roast with Plum-Apple Stuffing in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p47
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Crown Roast with Plum-Apple Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >