- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place roast on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. In a small
- bowl, combine the flour, salt, thyme, parsley and pepper; rub over
- roast. Cover rib ends with foil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, dissolve bouillon cube in water. In a large skillet, saute
- the broccoli, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender; stir in the
- salt, thyme, pepper and dissolved bouillon. Add bread cubes; toss to
- Carefully spoon stuffing into center of roast. Bake 30-60 minutes
- longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Place remaining
- stuffing in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish; refrigerate until ready
- to bake.
- Bake additional stuffing, covered, for 30-40 minutes. Uncover; bake
- 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Transfer roast to a serving platter. Remove foil. Let stand for 10-15
- Meanwhile, pour drippings and loosened brown bits into a measuring
- cup. Skim fat, reserving 3 tablespoons. Add enough water to measure
- 3 cups. In a large saucepan, combine flour and reserved fat until
- smooth. Gradually stir in the salt, pepper and drippings. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove stuffing to a bowl and cut between ribs. Serve with gravy.
- Yield: 14 servings (14 cups stuffing).
Nutritional Facts: about 5 ounces cooked meat with 1 cup stuffing equals 400 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 655 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.