Crown Roast with Apricot Dressing Recipe
- 1 pork crown roast (12 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- APRICOT DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour.
- 2. Brush sides of roast with preserves. Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Transfer roast to a serving platter. Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- 3. For dressing, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and celery; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in apricots and seasonings. Add bread crumbs; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Carve roast between ribs; serve with dressing. Yield: 12 servings.
1 rib with 1/3 cup stuffing: 419 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein
Reviews for Crown Roast with Apricot Dressing
"This was my first time making a crown roast and it was so good. I will make it again. My whole family loved it."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.