Crown Roast with Apricot Dressing Recipe
“I have been making crown roasts for many years but was only satisfied with the results when I combined a few recipes to come up with this guest-pleasing version. It’s beautifully roasted with an apricot glaze and a nicely browned stuffing.” —Isabell Cooper, Cambridge, Nova Scotia
- 1 pork crown roast (12 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- APRICOT DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast, rib ends up, in a large shallow roasting pan; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour.
- Brush sides of roast with preserves. Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Transfer roast to a serving platter. Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- For dressing, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and celery; cook and stir 6-8 minutes until tender. Stir in apricots and seasonings. Add bread crumbs; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Carve roast between ribs; serve with dressing. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Supreme Stuffed Crown Roast in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p38
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Crown Roast with Apricot Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2011
This was my first time making a crown roast and it was so good. I will make it again. My whole family loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >