Crown Roast of Pork Recipe
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork crown roast (14 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- Foil or paper frills for rib ends
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, oil, salt and pepper; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover rib ends with pieces of foil. Bake at 350° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Transfer roast to a serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes. Remove foil pieces. Garnish rib ends with foil or paper frills. Cut between ribs to serve. Yield: 14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 233 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.