I make this roast every Christmas, much to the delight of family and friends. The recipe was passed down from my mother, so I've been using it for years. The succulent stuffing is oh-so-tasty! —Martha Forte, East Setauket, New York
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pork crown roast (16 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- 1-1/4 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Decorative foil or paper frills, optional
- Rub 1 tablespoon oil over entire roast; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover rib ends with aluminum foil. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-3/4 hours.
- For stuffing, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the onions, carrots, celery and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the potatoes, parsley, fennel, salt, pepper and reserved sausage. Carefully spoon into center or roast.
- Bake 1 hour longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat juices run clear. Replace foil with decorative frills if desired. Remove stuffing to a serving bowl; slice roast between ribs. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Crown Roast of Pork in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p57
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Crown Roast of Pork with Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review