Crown Roast of Pork with Stuffing Recipe
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pork crown roast (16 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- 1-1/4 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 3 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Decorative foil or paper frills, optional
- Rub 1 tablespoon oil over entire roast; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover rib ends with aluminum foil. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-3/4 hours.
- For stuffing, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the onions, carrots, celery and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the potatoes, parsley, fennel, salt, pepper and reserved sausage. Carefully spoon into center or roast.
- Bake 1 hour longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat juices run clear. Replace foil with decorative frills if desired. Remove stuffing to a serving bowl; slice roast between ribs. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Crown Roast of Pork with Stuffing
Sort By :
"This was fabulous! I've never made anything like this before and I wanted to do something different for Christmas. I made this and my entire picky family loved it! In fact, it has been requested again this year! Definately a keeper!"