Crown Roast of Pork with Mushroom Stuffing Recipe
- 1 pork loin crown roast (5 to 6 pounds, about 10 ribs)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- MUSHROOM STUFFING:
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups day-old cubed bread
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup whole fresh cranberries, optional
- 1. Place roast, rib ends up, in a shallow roasting pan; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Cover rib ends with foil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the bread cubes, salt and pepper. Spoon into the center of the roast. Brush sides of roast with preserves. Bake 30-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted into stuffing and meat between ribs both read 145°; remove foil. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. If desired, thread cranberries on a 20-in. piece of thin string or thread. Transfer roast to a serving platter. Loop the cranberry string in and out of the rib ends. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 401 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for Crown Roast of Pork with Mushroom Stuffing
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer