Crown Roast of Pork with Cranberry Stuffing and Orange Glaze Recipe
- 1 pork crown rib roast (about 7 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed, undiluted, divided
- 4 cups soft bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1. Place the roast with rib ends up in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer inserted into meat between ribs reads 150°.
- 2. Meanwhile, saute onion and celery in butter in a skillet until tender. Stir in 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add bread cubes, salt, fennel and pepper; toss lightly. Stir in cranberries; spoon into the center of roast. Bake 30 minutes longer.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine honey and remaining orange juice concentrate in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Brush over roast and dressing; bake 30 minutes longer or until meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 14 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 359 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Crown Roast of Pork with Cranberry Stuffing and Orange Glaze
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer