Crown Roast of Pork with Cranberry Stuffing and Orange Glaze Recipe
- 1 pork crown rib roast (about 7 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed, undiluted, divided
- 4 cups soft bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1. Place the roast with rib ends up in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer inserted into meat between ribs reads 150°.
- 2. Meanwhile, saute onion and celery in butter in a skillet until tender. Stir in 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add bread cubes, salt, fennel and pepper; toss lightly. Stir in cranberries; spoon into the center of roast. Bake 30 minutes longer.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine honey and remaining orange juice concentrate in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Brush over roast and dressing; bake 30 minutes longer or until meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 14 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 359 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Crown Roast of Pork with Cranberry Stuffing and Orange Glaze
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer