Crown Roast of Pork with Apple Raisin Stuffing Recipe
- 1 pork crown roast (16 ribs and about 10 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, slivered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups apple juice or cider
- APPLE RAISIN STUFFING:
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup butter
- 5 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Cut slits in the bottom of each rib; insert garlic slivers. Rub oil over entire roast; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Cover rib ends with foil. Pour apple juice into pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour, basting occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, for stuffing, place the raisins in a small bowl; pour boiling water over raisins. Let stand for 2 minutes; drain and set aside. In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic in butter until tender. Add the bread crumbs, apples, parsley, salt, paprika and raisins; mix well.
- 3. Carefully spoon stuffing into center of roast. Bake 1 to 1-1/2 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove foil and stuffing. Cut pork between the ribs. Yield: 12-16 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 467 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein .
Reviews for Crown Roast of Pork with Apple Raisin Stuffing
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer