Crown Roast of Pork Recipe
My favorite entree for Christmas and other special occasions, a crown roast is easy to prepare. Both its elegant appearance and excellent flavor are sure to impress your friends and family. (Call ahead to order a crown roast from your butcher or meat department.)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork crown roast (14 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- Foil or paper frills for rib ends
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, oil, salt and pepper; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover rib ends with pieces of foil. Bake at 350° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Transfer roast to a serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes. Remove foil pieces. Garnish rib ends with foil or paper frills. Cut between ribs to serve. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Crown Roast of Pork in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p34
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Crown Roast of Pork(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >