Crown Jewel Salad Recipe
A raspberry dressing and fruits liven up a package of mixed salad greens in this recipe from our Test Kitchen home economists.
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 package (5 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 star fruit, sliced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1. In a small bowl, mash 2 tablespoons raspberries; strain, reserving juice. Place greens on salad plates. Top with the orange sections, star fruit, kiwi and remaining raspberries.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, onion powder and reserved raspberry juice. Drizzle over salads. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 149 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC