Crown Jewel Patties Side Dish Recipe
This is a "Golden Oldie" recipe in more ways than one#&151;it's old-fashioned and has been in my family for years, and the golden color (which is how the recipe got its name) is an attractive addition to any menu. It's a fun and different way to serve carrots!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cup mashed cooked carrots
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg. Add mayonnaise, onion, oil, salt, pepper and carrots; mix well. Add the bread crumbs and mix thoroughly. (If mixture is to wet to handle, add more crumbs.) Shape into 10 to 12 patties coat with cornflakes.
- 2. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Yield: 5-6 servings.
2 each: 305 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Crown Jewel Patties Side Dish
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC