This is a "Golden Oldie" recipe in more ways than one#&151;it's old-fashioned and has been in my family for years, and the golden color (which is how the recipe got its name) is an attractive addition to any menu. It's a fun and different way to serve carrots!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cup mashed cooked carrots
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- In a bowl, beat egg. Add mayonnaise, onion, oil, salt, pepper and carrots; mix well. Add the bread crumbs and mix thoroughly. (If mixture is to wet to handle, add more crumbs.) Shape into 10 to 12 patties coat with cornflakes.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Yield: 5-6 servings.
Originally published as Crown Jewel Patties Side Dish in Reminisce May/June 1994, p53
Reviews for Crown Jewel Patties Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review