Crown Jewel Gelatin Pie Recipe
"This colorful pie-an old family favorite-couldn't be easier for busy holiday cooks to make. The rich stained-glass look of gelatin cubes adds a festive note." —Elaine Augustine, Manchester, Connecticut
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) black cherry gelatin
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve raspberry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; stir in 1/2 cup cold water. Pour into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Repeat with lime and black cherry gelatin, using two more loaf pans. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Cut each into 1/2-in. cubes.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the pineapple juice and sugar. Bring to a boil. Add strawberry gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add remaining cold water. Transfer to large bowl. Refrigerate until thickened but not firm, about 1-1/4 hours.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into strawberry gelatin mixture. Gently stir in cubed gelatin. Spoon mixture into crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 serving (1 piece) equals 249 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC