Crown Jewel Gelatin Pie Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) black cherry gelatin
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve raspberry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; stir in 1/2 cup cold water. Pour into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Repeat with lime and black cherry gelatin, using two more loaf pans. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Cut each into 1/2-in. cubes.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the pineapple juice and sugar. Bring to a boil. Add strawberry gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add remaining cold water. Transfer to large bowl. Refrigerate until thickened but not firm, about 1-1/4 hours.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into strawberry gelatin mixture. Gently stir in cubed gelatin. Spoon mixture into crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 piece: 249 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Crown Jewel Gelatin Pie
"I was given this recipe about 15 yrs ago and have been making it about 10 times each and every summer since then. The whole family loves it. If I know friends will be coming over I have to request nobody touches the dessert."
"Many years ago, when I worked in the kitchen at a Hospital, we made and served something similar. It was always a favorite of patients and cafeteria patrons alike."